sabato 12 novembre 2016

For the Need of the One by Julia Ecklar


You were there for those reasons uncounted, 
Through all trials by me you did stand. 
I was difficult, silent, and stubborn, 
And I wish I could now reach your hand. 
 
I am glad you respect my decision 
Although there was no decision to me 
There were none left but old friends and children 
And I could not let their deaths weigh on me. 
 
I am hurt by your tears but I see they must fall. 
I cannot take your sorrow away. 
But grieve not for my loss, 
For the choice was my own, 
And we must all face death in our own way. 
 
So farewell, my t’hy’la, my captain, 
Though I shall never be far from your side. 
I will remember and cherish the friendship 
That I always found there in your eyes.
 
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento